|Canon PIXMA MG3160|
- Insert the CD that came with your printer and runs the setup.
- If you do not have the installation CD that came with your product or you are a Mac user, you can download the manuals and software by selecting your product from the PIXMA range page.
- When the initial screen appears, click [Next].
- For Mac users, type your password to allow the helper tool to be installed, then click on [Install Helper]
- When the screen appears for Installation, click on [Next]
- Please note: A screen will be displayed asking you to select between a USB or wireless connection, please select [Wireless Connection].
- Ensure that your printer is turned on, make sure the power lamp is on and then click [Next].
- Click [Connect to the network].
- When the [Connection via Cableless setup] screen appears, hold down the printer’s [Wi-Fi] button (A) until the orange alarm lamp (B) flashes 2 times, then release after the second flash.
- Confirm that the (blue) Wi-Fi lamp (A) flashes quickly and the (green) power lamp is lit. Click [Next].
- Please Note: Your network connection will be temporarily disabled during the setup.
- On Windows XP, select [Wireless Setup Using the USB Cable]
- When the screen appears for Place of Residence, select your region, and then click [Next].
- Then select the software you wish to install and then click on [Next]. If you’re not sure which software you want to install at this stage, don’t worry, as you can always uninstall it at a later stage if you wish.
- Click on [Yes] to agree to the end user license agreement.
- When the screen show you "Please Allow Install Wizard Processes" [Next]
- The display indicates the model of your printer and the name (or SSID) of your wireless network.
- Then click [Complete]
- Once your printer has been detected, the screen will appear indicating the name of the access point that your computer is connected to (where “XXXX XXXX XXXX” is shown). Click [OK].
- Click [Add Printer].
- Select the [Canon IJ Network] driver version and click [Add].
- Click [Next] to complete the setup.
- This concludes the Mac setup.
- If the wireless setup is still failing after following this guide, please contact us for further assistance.
Canon PIXMA MG3160 Specifications:
- Print Speed (up to): 4 x 6 Borderless Photo: Approx. 39 seconds, Black: ESAT (Black) Approx. 9.7 ipm, Color: ESAT (Color) Approx. 6.1 ipm
- Print Resolution (Up to): Color:Up to 9600 x 2400 dpi, Black:Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Paper Sizes: 4 x 6, 5 x 7, 8 x 10, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 envelopes
- Paper Compatibility: Plain: Plain Paper, Canon High Resolution Paper; Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Photo Paper Pro II; Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy; Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss; Matte: Canon Matte Photo Paper; Fine Art: Canon Fine Art Paper "Photo Rag" ;Envelope: U.S.# 10 Envelope
- Printer Features: Auto Duplex Print, Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Printing, Calendar Print, Camera Phone Printing, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print, ID Photo Print, Photo Index Sheet, Photo Direct Print (Memory Card/Camera/USB Flash Memory), Photo Printing, Template Print
- Copy Speed (up to): FCOT(Color) Approx. 20 seconds
- Copy Features: Fit-to-Page, Multiple Copy: 1-9, 20 Pages, Fast (speed priority)
- Scanner Type: Flatbed
- Scanning Element: Contact Image Sensor (CIS)
- Scanner Features: Auto Document Fix, Auto Scan Mode, Gutter Shadow Correction, Push Scan, Scan to Memory
- Other Features: 2-Way Paper Feeding, 2.4 LCD, Auto Sheet Feeder, D.C.G.P.T., Front Cassette, Scroll Wheel, Self-Opening Paper Output Tray, Quick Access UI, Quick Start
Canon PIXMA MG3160 Operating Systems Compatibility:
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP SP3 (32bit only)
- Mac OS X v10.4.11 to v10.6.x, and Mac OS 10.12(Sierra) or later
Canon PIXMA MG3160 Driver, Software, and User Manual Download
|Canon MG3160 Mini Master Setup (OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8)|
|Canon MG3160 Mini Master Setup (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)|
|CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 188.8.131.52 (OS X)|
|MP Driver Ver. 1.02 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)|
|ICA Driver Ver. 4.0.0a (OS X 10.6)|
|CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 184.108.40.206 (OS X 10.5/10.6)|
|MP Driver Ver. 1.01 (Windows XP x64)|
|Canon MG3160 Printer Driver Ver.220.127.116.11 (Mac OS X 10.4/10.5)|
|Canon MG3160 Scanner Driver Ver.18.0.1c (OS X)|
|XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.56a (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)|
|Canon MG3160 IJ Printer Driver Ver. 3.60 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)|
|Canon MG3160 IJ Printer Driver Ver. 3.60 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)|
|ScanGear MP Ver. 1.80 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)|
|ScanGear MP Ver. 1.80 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)|
|ScanGear MP Ver. 1.80 for Linux (Source file)|
|IJ Printer Driver Ver. 3.60 for Linux (Source file)|
|ICA Driver Ver. 4.0.0 (OS X)|
|Canon MG3160 User Manual (Windows)|
|Canon MG3160 User Manual (Mac)|