Canon PIXMA MG3160 Driver Download and Wireless Setup for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux - Looking for the Canon PIXMA MG3160? It's the best output quality printer to buy. Photos on Canon's very own paper looked relatively significant, in spite of a somewhat unnatural orange color that has been particularly obvious in human faces. On plain paper, shade graphics looked sensibly exact, and the message showed up dark and also sharp, though grayscale graphics tended a little bit towards purple. Need a driver or software to download, you can follow our article below to get more about what you need, we also listed for setup for this printer product.
|Canon PIXMA MG3160|
The Canon MG3160 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One supplies superb top quality, convenience, and also the convenience of use. Built-in Wi-Fi technology enables you to quickly print as well as check wirelessly virtually anywhere around your house. Print gorgeous, indeterminate images at home up to 8.5" x 11" size with a maximum print color resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi and the heralded FINE ink cartridges.
Like Canon PIXMA MG3060, setting up the Canon Pixma MG3160 is very easy, though it does not have an LCD, so you'll have to use the USB link to perform the wireless configuration (unless you have Wi-Fi Protected Configuration on your router). The documentation is first-class, and the control panel is simple: A two-digit LED reveals copy amount as well as messages, as well as Canon gives plainly identified buttons and also LED indicator lights for copying, scanning, and maintenance tasks.
The performance was rather good for an $80 MFP. Full-page shade glossy prints took virtually four mins to print, however, message pages printed on plain paper print at 6.2 pages per min on the PC and also 5.85 ppm on the Mac. Snapshot-size images emerged at 2.4 ppm on regular paper as well as 1.2 ppm on shiny paper.
The reason for the incredibly elusive reply simply might be the dear expense of the Pixma MG3160's black ink. Two dimensions of black substitutes are offered: the 300-page XL, which costs $21 (a large 7 cents per web page); and also the 600-page XXL, which runs $38 (or 6.3 cents each page). The XL unified shade cartridge (which includes all three shades) is rather more budget-friendly, relatively speaking, at $30 for 400 pages (7.45 cents per web page) for all three colors. A four-color web page (printed with the XL shade cartridge and also the XXL black cartridge) would certainly cost a pricier-than-average 13.8 cents.
- Insert the CD that came with your printer and runs the setup.
- If you do not have the installation CD that came with your product or you are a Mac user, you can download the manuals and software by selecting your product from the PIXMA range page.
- When the initial screen appears, click [Next].
- For Mac users, type your password to allow the helper tool to be installed, then click on [Install Helper]
- When the screen appears for Installation, click on [Next]
- Please note: A screen will be displayed asking you to select between a USB or wireless connection, please select [Wireless Connection].
- Ensure that your printer is turned on, make sure the power lamp is on, and then click [Next].
- Click [Connect to the network].
- When the [Connection via Cableless setup] screen appears, hold down the printer’s [Wi-Fi] button (A) until the orange alarm lamp (B) flashes 2 times, then release after the second flash.
- Confirm that the (blue) Wi-Fi lamp (A) flashes quickly and the (green) power lamp is lit. Click [Next].
- Please Note: Your network connection will be temporarily disabled during the setup.
- On Windows XP, select [Wireless Setup Using the USB Cable]
- When the screen appears for Place of Residence, select your region, and then click [Next].
- Then select the software you wish to install and then click on [Next]. If you’re not sure which software you want to install at this stage, don’t worry, as you can always uninstall it at a later stage if you wish.
- Click on [Yes] to agree to the end user license agreement.
- When the screen show you "Please Allow Install Wizard Processes" [Next]
- The display indicates the model of your printer and the name (or SSID) of your wireless network.
- Then click [Complete]
- Once your printer has been detected, the screen will appear indicating the name of the access point that your computer is connected to (where “XXXX XXXX XXXX” is shown). Click [OK].
- Click [Add Printer].
- Select the [Canon IJ Network] driver version and click [Add].
- Click [Next] to complete the setup.
- This concludes the Mac setup.
- If the wireless setup is still failing after following this guide, please contact us for further assistance.
Canon PIXMA MG3160 Specifications:
- Print Speed (up to): 4 x 6 Borderless Photo: Approx. 39 seconds, Black: ESAT (Black) Approx. 9.7 ipm, Color: ESAT (Color) Approx. 6.1 ipm
- Print Resolution (Up to): Color:Up to 9600 x 2400 dpi, Black:Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Paper Sizes: 4 x 6, 5 x 7, 8 x 10, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 envelopes
- Paper Compatibility: Plain: Plain Paper, Canon High Resolution Paper; Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Photo Paper Pro II; Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy; Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss; Matte: Canon Matte Photo Paper; Fine Art: Canon Fine Art Paper "Photo Rag" ;Envelope: U.S.# 10 Envelope
- Printer Features: Auto Duplex Print, Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Printing, Calendar Print, Camera Phone Printing, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print, ID Photo Print, Photo Index Sheet, Photo Direct Print (Memory Card/Camera/USB Flash Memory), Photo Printing, Template Print
- Copy Speed (up to): FCOT(Color) Approx. 20 seconds
- Copy Features: Fit-to-Page, Multiple Copy: 1-9, 20 Pages, Fast (speed priority)
- Scanner Type: Flatbed
- Scanning Element: Contact Image Sensor (CIS)
- Scanner Features: Auto Document Fix, Auto Scan Mode, Gutter Shadow Correction, Push Scan, Scan to Memory
- Other Features: 2-Way Paper Feeding, 2.4 LCD, Auto Sheet Feeder, D.C.G.P.T., Front Cassette, Scroll Wheel, Self-Opening Paper Output Tray, Quick Access UI, Quick Start
Canon PIXMA MG3160 Operating Systems Compatibility:
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP SP3 (32bit only)
- Mac OS X v10.4.11 to v10.6.x, and Mac OS 10.12(Sierra) or later
Canon PIXMA MG3160 Driver, Software, and User Manual Download
|Canon MG3160 Mini Master Setup (OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8)|
|Canon MG3160 Mini Master Setup (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)|
|CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 22.214.171.124 (OS X)|
|MP Driver Ver. 1.02 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)|
|ICA Driver Ver. 4.0.0a (OS X 10.6)|
|CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 126.96.36.199 (OS X 10.5/10.6)|
|MP Driver Ver. 1.01 (Windows XP x64)|
|Canon MG3160 Printer Driver Ver.188.8.131.52 (Mac OS X 10.4/10.5)|
|Canon MG3160 Scanner Driver Ver.18.0.1c (OS X)|
|XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.56a (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)|
|Canon MG3160 IJ Printer Driver Ver. 3.60 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)|
|Canon MG3160 IJ Printer Driver Ver. 3.60 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)|
|ScanGear MP Ver. 1.80 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)|
|ScanGear MP Ver. 1.80 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)|
|ScanGear MP Ver. 1.80 for Linux (Source file)|
|IJ Printer Driver Ver. 3.60 for Linux (Source file)|
|ICA Driver Ver. 4.0.0 (OS X)|
|Canon MG3160 User Manual (Windows)|
|Canon MG3160 User Manual (Mac)|